Friday, June 26, 2009

June, June, June.....

Where do I begin? June has been a month of chaos for me. It has been a month of surprises, good and bad, busy schedules and hot summer days for sure. Lets see....at the beginning of June I got the pleasure of going to Bama Jam 2009 in Enterprise, AL and had the opportunity to see many great artists as well as hang out with many, many great friends. Then came Bonaroo for Kenny....He was gone from Wednesday to Monday to see even more GREAT artists up in Manchester, TN. Needless to say...June started out to be a very eventful, fun month for the both of us. Keagan Elyse Cornwall was born to my wonderful friend Amanda and her hubby Edward. She is beautiful, as I have already expressed. I enjoyed a MUCH NEEDED trip to Panama City Beach with some old friends of mine. We had the best time just catching up with one another. However, IT WAS HOTT!!!! My beautiful niece RAILEY BROOKE turned "2" on June 21st. She is such a blessing. She was literally unwrapping presents and passing them out to the other children. She is a give, most definitely. Then, Fathers Day. My Dad is the most amazing man I have ever had in my life. He is so supportive and loving and understanding. I am so very lucky to have him in my life. Kenny and I took Laine to Water World. Man was that an eye opener as to how grown Laine is getting. She convinced me to try the Great White at Water World. I have never really been too excited about rides or slides with about a 50 foot drop, much less ones where all you have to hold on to is a flimsy little plastic blow up float. Needless to say, this little 7 year old is fearless. She totally made fun of me for screaming....even mentioned that "maybe we should just go and do the mats because that would get the SCARED out of me." Who in the heck does she think she is talking to? JK! I love her so much. Then we come to the week of horrible news all the way around....Tuesday June 23rd I was laid off from a job that I loved after almost 4 years of diligent, loyal service. Totally mind blown for sure. Its amazing how fast, fear, worry, concern, and so many other emotions can set in. I was so devoted to this place. Its amazing how you dont realize the important things in your life until they are removed or taken away. CRAZY! Wednesday morning I wake up to a text stating that a friend has died in a house fire. 27 years old. I know God has a plan for him though. RIP Mark Meredith!! Thursday, as I was searching for a job, I encountered the rudest of rude ladies I have ever met. VERY DISCOURAGING!!!! Then today, June 26th.....two years ago today, I lost one of my best friends in this world- Perry Griffin. He was like a mentor. He was always smiling, lending an ear....or just making fun of me. I will always miss him and his spirit most of all....In closing, please pray for me and those whom I love. Pray for those around you that are lost, that know no way to go. Pray for those who are bitter or angry. Pray for everyone people. WE all need a little PRAYER. God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Talk about getting hit all at once. I am so sorry and will definitely lift you in prayer. Trust in the Lord and He will carry you through these events.

    ReplyDelete